May 30, 2012

uKAYE-uKAYE

I am pretty much sure that I’m an Ukay-holic. Would you believe ever since I stepped in college, all my clothes are from thrift shops? I think only 1% are not from the flea market. It’s either gifted or from tiange. I know, I don’t wear fashionable enough like f. bloggers but I’m really happy about my fashion sense (???). For me thrifting has so many pros especially I’m studying in a school with no uniform. Some Pros are: it’s cheaper -- you can find a piece for as low as only 10php, seriously or even 5, it’s unique -- you don’t need to worry if your classmate’s top is just like yours because it’s not available in the mall, and it’s so much fun ransacking thrift shops -- the feeling when you found a pretty piece unexpectedly. The feeling when you saw a branded piece for only 50php. The feeling when you saw a piece with a tag price. The feeling when you get out of the shop with a handful of plastic bags full of unique and unexpected goods. I save money for thrifting. Hmm, I spend almost 3k every time I go to thrift shops but hey that 3k can buy 30-50 pieces compared to tianges and malls. Thrifting is super fun I tell you. You just have to be patient on searching a wearable piece and inspecting every part of the piece and thrift shops are not that comfortable to shop to unlike malls so prepare to be sweaty and sticky after. You should also know how to “tawad” to salesladies because a discount is still a discount. 
 Saw this brown sling bag at a thrift store and immediately bought it. When I looked at the brand, I died. This is the perfect school bag I’ve been looking for.
  I love loose and printed tops and now I’m fond of white and black and neutral colors. Since rainy season is here, I opted to buy long sleeved tops with soft texture. Jang Geun Suk ang peg!
I organized my wardrobe by color. YAAAAY! And every time I arrive home, dad’s scolding me because I have so many clothes and some were not even worn yet. Oh how I wish he can understand a girl like me… :)

XXXX, Kaye

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2012

    pag ayaw mo na just donate to your cousins as "hand me down" from being an ukay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA parang kilala ko to :))))))

      Delete